Worst Airline in America

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Guest's review of American Airlines

“Worst Airline in America”

Written on: 17/02/2013

I arrived at LAX at 6:55am this morning for an 8am flight. I had checked in the night before, wasn’t checking bags, and had hoped to complete the historically simple task of printing my boarding pass at the airport.

In response to my difficulties, the American airlines staff denied that the computers weren’t working correctly, even though many costumers were having difficulties. A man standing behind me even tried to argue against one of the staff members who was insisting to me that there were no problems with the computers. I was also blatantly ignored despite asking multiple times for help printing a boarding pass for an 8am flight. When I finally caught the attention of the staff, they patronizingly accused me of not being responsible, showing up late, and then explained I could not print since the check-in period, due to my “tardiness”, was over and they were no longer checking bags. The only option, they insisted, was to pay to book the later 4:55pm flight. Additionally, they said since the computer didn’t print out any “error” messages, they could not verify when I arrived at the airport and therefore it was assumed that I was simply…late.

Although it is very convenient to use costumers as a scapegoat in order to ignore your company’s own deficits in service, the solution to this issue should have been simple and actually did not involve any of the obstacles the staff insisted existed. Multiple times they told me I was too late to “check-in and check bags”. To over five staff members at American airlines I explained I had already checked in the night before, wasn’t checking bags, and needed to just print my boarding pass, at which point they would transfer me to another person who I would need to repeat the entire conversation with all over again. They passed me around like this for over 30 minutes, resulting in me missing my flight. Had the staff been more costumer-service oriented and less argumentative and excuse-oriented, this would not have happened and I would not be writing this review.

My experience with American was hands-down the worst experience I have ever had with an airline. My overall impression from this company is that they lack discipline, organization, respect, and costumer service. Thankfully, I quickly was able to book, check-in, and print my boarding pass for a flight with Virgin America with no issues whatsoever. Needless to say, I will not be flying American in the future nor will I be recommending their services to friends and family.