My dog was delivered to me upside down on carrier belt!

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

C_Y_K's review of American Airlines

“My dog was delivered to me upside down on carrier belt!”

Written on: 20/12/2012 by C_Y_K (1 review written)

I am writing this review regarding a flight out of DFW about two years ago; I get angry every time I think about this and hearing a friend's negative recent experience with them prompted me to write a review. This was my first flight where I was bringing my dog along with me, where she'd be flying in cargo because of her weight/height. My experience was bad from check-in. Outside temp was 44 degree and the man at the counter refused to accept my dog, since the temp. range said 45-85 deg F on her health certificate. Such BS, esp. since my vet had checked the box underneath saying she could fly in lower temps. I spent forever calling my vet and them having to fax add'l info, even to confirm my vet's license #!! He was SO rude and unhelpful that I started crying. About 40 mins. later he finally said "Ok whatever we'll take her." As if this wasn't already a horrible first impression, when I arrived back in DFW a few weeks later, I was supposed to wait by oversized luggage by baggage claim to retrieve my dog. We waited 20 mins. then asked a lady for assistance to check the status of my dog's whereabouts. She could not locate her via walkie-talkie. About 15 mins. later, she brings us over to a carrier belt and up comes my dog. Her kennel was flipped over and she was shaking so violently I couldn't believe the horror. Her attached water bowl was dumped all over her and her mat. Needless to say, I have refused to fly w/ AA since and have had wonderful experiences flying out of Continental in Houston (although more pricey, definitely more attention towards welfare of pet) and then flying out of Alaska in DFW. Haven't had a problem with them the past 5 times I've used Alaska. Please AA, y'all need to step up your customer service program, both towards humans and pets!