Charged outrageous change flight fee during Hurricane Sandy!

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Guest's review of American Airlines

“Charged outrageous change flight fee during Hurricane...”

Written on: 25/11/2012

During Hurricane Sandy we were supposed to be able to change our flights without a fee/penalty or cancel & get a full refund. We chose to change our flights & were charged an additional $582.00 which was more than we even paid for 1 round trip ticket! Our original flight was indeed cancelled. When I disputed the outrageous charge I was told that we voluntarily made the change. I told AA that there is surely something they can do as far as compensation. This is the last dime American Airlines will ever get from us. The event of Hurricane Sandy was no time for AA to capitalize on customers. Just despicable!!!!!!

Candimac03's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2012

Oh yeah, I also forgot to tell you that they changed our flight times 3 times prior to our actual date. We received emails to the changes. The last change was made 1 week prior to our actual trip. Then coming back from Puerto Rico while we were on our layover in, while we were at the airport they changed our times twice to depart and they also changed our gate # in Dallas TX.

Ramiromasters's Comment

Written on: 08/12/2012

They are bankrupt most likely because of this non returning customer trend they have created, they charge me 387 USD, to change my flight because their! webpage did not show my schedule as supposed to in time...
Screw them at least someone else will avoid the mistake thanks to reviews like ours.