Never again..

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Alib123's review of American Airlines

“Never again..”

Written on: 15/11/2012 by Alib123 (1 review written)

We flew from New York JFK to Manchester in November 2012. On the onward journey to New York we flew with BA connecting at london heathrow and the service, staff and everything about the flight was amazing. We decided to get a direct flight back and as it was booked with BA but operated by AA we thought it would be just as good but oh how wrong we were. The plane itself was tiny (honestly I've been on bigger planes to Spain!) I was a bit disgruntled by the lack of personal TVs but I could get over that. The service that was received though I could not. None of the economy flight attendants were dressed in any uniform, very untidy, one even had a Ben Sherman jumper on, we didnt even get the usual flight safety instructions. They were all chewing gum throughout the whole flight and pretty much threw the unedible food at everyone. One particular attendant who wasn't wearing a name badge asked for rubbish from a fellow passenger without even looking at them n simply beckoning with her hand to pass it on. None of this improved during the flight. The food was disgusting, inc a salad (2 pieces of lettuce and a baby tomato) that had no cover on it when it arrived and a breakfast box consisting of a banana n a choc muffin served 30 mins before landing. the only time u were allowed a bottle of water was with ur main meal and when asked for more they poured a glass from an old large milk bottle with no lid on. The seats were very cramped and had dirt on them. The only thing I was thankful for was the pilot landing the plane an hour early so I could get off!! I will be forwarding this complaining onto AA and BA as they should be ashamed to associate themselves with AA.

Amgl19's Response to Alib123's Review

Written on: 26/11/2012

I agree. We have just experienced a return trip to JFK from Manchester. We booked with BA but it soon became apparent that AA where operating the flights. We attempted to check in online but this was not possible as we where BA customers. We reserved seats but that was irrelevant on check in. On the return journey we where told that 3/4 of our party where on standby for the flight even though we had reserved seats online!?

The cabin was dirty and the staff looked exhausted. It was like travelling with a budget european airline and not a long haul flight experience. Certainly wont be booking with BA again if they are going to pass on our business to AA