International Flight on American - first & last for me!

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Guest's review of American Airlines

“International Flight on American - first and last for me!”

Written on: 27/09/2012

This was my 6th trip to Europe since 2006; 2 flights on SAS, one on Swiss Air, one on Aer Lingus, one on KLM and now, American.

Flew roundtrip from Chicago to Vilnius, Lithuania. FIrst flight from O'Hare was delayed over an hour, so I missed my connection in Helsinki. Was given a voucher for lunch; 17 Euros. Returning home, the flight was on time, but I have 2 complaints. The first is that this was the first trip to Europe without the screens on the seat in front of you; no personal monitors for movies, games, etc....VERY boring considering 8 and 9 hour flights.

But the main reason I will NEVER fly American internationally again is the attitude of the flight attendants. They just do not seem to care at all. While serving beverages, the man behind me asked for 4 drinks, one for his little daughter, and for himself, a water, coffee and a soft drink. The first attendant said to the other who was assisting, "and for his FOURTH drink, he wants coffee." VERY rude! I asked for more orange juice, as she was right next to me, and was told to just wait a minute. Only one flight attendant on the other side of the plane SMILED and seemed to care that the passengers were taken care of. I felt as if I was intruding for asking for one thing, during the 9 hour flight. No personality, NO smiles; acted like everything one asked for was a real annoyance. I felt like I knocked on someone's door in the middle of the night to ask a favor! Even as we were leaving the aircraft, no smiles at all; a few "thanks for flying with us" in a routine way, no sincerity at all. AWFUL way to treat passengers, and just people in general.