No compassion

• Quality of food

Guest's review of American Airlines

“No compassion”

Written on: 21/08/2012

I purchased a round trip ticket from American for my son. He was to fly from Dallas to San Francisco, due to a family emergency, on August 21, 2012. I had to change the departure date. The ticket was purchased for $256.00 at 13:00 on 08/18/12. The ticket was a no refund/no free change ticket. American wanted @400.00 additional dollars to change the departure date. I canceled the ticket. I tried to purchase another round trip from A.A. online at @ 21:00. The cheapest online price was now nearly $900.00 dollars, as their "sale' had mysteriously ended. Bottom line, I purchased a one way ticket for $156.00 from Virgin: FULLY REFUNDABLE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF PURCHASE. American is a rip off. No service. No refunds unless you pay up front. No financial compassion for customers during emergencies. no wonder why this carrier is about to bite the dust.