WE PURCHASED SKY PRIORITY & THEN THEY GAVE AWAY OUR SEATS

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Alitalia

“WE PURCHASED SKY PRIORITY and THEN THEY GAVE AWAY OUR...”

Written on: 16/07/2013

JULY 8, 2013
We arrived to the airport in Rome close to 3 hours before the flight was scheduled to depart. The line/cue for Sky Priority at Alitalia was long and was not moving and passengers (in that line) could not understand why “this” line was so long and the economy line was shorter and moving.
Looking at the staff there to help Sky Priority may have been one of the reasons. The staffing started with 3 persons, then declined to 2..then at times, only one person was helping this line of PRIORITY customers.

My husband and I had been in that line for over 1.5 hours when we finally arrived to the woman at the desk.
We were ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIED to hear from that woman at the SKY PRIORITY desk that our seats had been given to someone else and the reason for this was that the flight was oversold.
She continued by saying that if we wanted to take this flight, there were only 4 economy seats left...AND that was our only choice!

Already running late for AZ 620 because of the long wait in the line and the necessity of having to go through security, customs and a train ride to the gate, we took the 2 economy seats and were promised refunds by the woman at the Sky Priority desk.

HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED????
We booked through a booking agency in FEBRUARY and this should NEVER EVER have happened.

We were put in the last rows of the airplane.
I ended up in seat 39E, in the middle section of the plane.
I put down the tray table and found that it was broken! The child directly in back of me, in 40E, had already begun kicking my seat.

When I asked the plane staff if he could fix the broken tray, he said he could not and said he would try and find another available seat.

On a side note:
The Alitalia staff is amazing and positive under stress.
With a full plane, the staff tries their best to accommodate everyone and they were nice enough to find me a seat with a working tray table 2 rows back, mid section.

In particular, Roberto de Santis kept me positive under the most stressful and horrible circumstances.
Here we had a greater than 12 hour flight LEAVING OVER AN HOUR LATE with an OUTRAGEOUS DOWNGRADE, given a BROKEN SEAT, and A CHILD KICKING MY SEAT!!!!!!..I’m surprised I kept my wits about me.

We expect full compensation for this mistake. This should never have happened.
This is not a singular event! I met a fellow traveler in that same Sky Priority line who was also downgraded on her flight from Rome to NY...
How can this Happen?! I ask this again and again.

Alitalia still has not contacted us or replied to our calls, letters or emails.