Expensive flight, unfriendly staff

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

R_a_n_d_i's review of Air Baltic

“Expensive flight, unfriendly staff”

Written on: 23/07/2013 by R_a_n_d_i (1 review written)

When I tried to check-in online, I got a message that I should check my email for schedule changes and confirm these or phone Air Baltic. I had not received any email and knew that there were no schedule changes, since my sister was on the same flight and didn't experience any problems. Knowing that they ask you for credit card details to charge you 6 euros when you call them for help, I decided to wait and hope it would be sorted out on the airport. In the check-in desk in Rome they said it was something strange with my ticket and it took them 30 minutes to sort it out. It felt unfair to pay 10 euros for check-in when it was not possible for me to check-in online. Their English was poor, so it was not an option to discuss with them. After a while a "supervisor" came was very rude. I guess they were stressed because of the long line, but that is not an excuse for treating customers like that. I also think it should be possible to pay for the checked-in while you book your ticket. 40 euros is a lot more than other companies would charge and when it says on the ticket "Checked-in baggage: Max 20 Kg" you assume that it it something you have already payed for.
I will not use this company again.