Service - What Service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Air Asia

“Service - What Service”

Written on: 14/06/2012

AirAsia SYD-KL and return April 2012 for my wife and I.

New Sydney-KL service so we thought we'd try it out.
Plane was new-ish, seats and legroom OK but sat on the tarmac for two hours while they replaced the nosewheel on our outward flight.
Prepaid for meals and inflight entertainment but two of the four meals were not supplied and entertainment was delivered only after we nagged them and was then taken from us 2 hours before landing.Cabin crew refused to honour the meals, despite them being shown our booking confirmation - merely told us to lodge a complaint upon our return.

Meals that we did receive were very average, cabin service was poor and cabin staff didn't seem to care about any problems that the passengers raised. The woman across the aisle from us pulled a homemade meal and steel fork from her backpack - so much for airline security checks.

Flight arrived hours late and baggage pickup was chaotic.

It is now 6 weeks since we arrived home and I have made four on-line eform claims and three LiveChat approaches for refund for meals and entertainment without result. Sydney Service Centre refuses to answer phone calls and LiveChat expects me to wait on hold for hours when I call their Kuala Lumpur Service Centre number. Enough is enough - I'm calling NSW Department of Consumer Affairs tomorrow.

Price is cheap but you don't even get what you pay for. Avoid at all cost.