WORST AIRLINE EVER - Avoid if possible!!

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Air Asia

“WORST AIRLINE EVER - Avoid if possible!!”

Written on: 07/06/2012

WORST AIRLINE EVER. Flight was booked, paid for online, through mastercard secure. Payment went through okay, and showed up as confirmed and paid, through both airasia's website and my credit card's website. 14 days later (the night before my flight), air asia decides the transaction was no good, cancels the ticket and says they have issued me a refund (which isn't even showing up on my account)!!

It was the biggest pain trying to sort it out, at the airport, just hours before I have to leave (and I couldn't call in the night before or the morning of, because their call centre hours suck!). Ended up having to purchase a new ticket at a higher price. Then found out all subsequent flights had been cancelled. They told me if I paid in person, they would honour the booking. Went all the way back to pay, only to find out that they were not willing to let me pay for it anymore. Ended up having to purchase ALL my tickets again from scratch. After speaking to about 8 or 9 different people, I still have no idea why it was cancelled or what happened. I ended up taking a hit on the conversion (3 times), plus the higher price for the tickets, and in the end gave up trying to argue with them. After just finishing to explain the whole situation, one lady even told me "just pay for the new flight or go find something else".

Besides that, there is no leg room on the flights (especially if you're over 5'8") and we even upgraded and paid extra for the hot seats! No meals included, no checked bags included, no in flight entertainment. You have to pay for everything! Yes there was A/C, but it was actually TOO cold (the only time on my whole trip through Thailand that we were cold, including all other airlines we flew). My friend got sick twice while in thailand (he has a very weak stomach), both times were just after eating the food on air asia!! Oh yeah, and not one of our flights was on time!!

Flying_Thunder's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2012

Yes, fun fun fun, had the same thing today - no refund, TADA! :)