One Way Money Trap

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Air Asia

“One Way Money Trap”

Written on: 01/04/2012

It takes AirAsia X only a few seconds to suck in your money but it can take them months to return it.

In Jan 2012, AirAsia X cancelled its flights between KL and Europe. After they mucked around and could not deliver me timely tickets for the promised transfer to MAS, I opted for a refund. This was meant to take no more than 14 days but I had to chase them up with many e-mails and six phone calls before I finally got my money back after one month. This is considered lucky compared to my relative in the same boat who has been promised his refund in 60 days. Unlike in Australia, there is no AAX call centre in Malaysia for him to chase them up.

They have had our money as an interest free loan for nine months before we asked for our refunds. We saved AAX money by opting for refunds rather than transfers to MAS. There was utterly no consideration that people might want the money to book a replacement holiday that that had wrecked or the stress that they caused by unreasonably withholding refunds. This is a very degenerate company.

Cobe's Comment

Written on: 16/04/2012

Air Asia cancelled a flight for me as well from RGN to BKK without telling me. I found out at the confirmation time (3 days before my departure). Consequently, I had to stay over night in BKK to catch my connecting flight back to SFO. No compensation whatsoever.

I learned my lesson. NEVER NEVER take AirAsia.

Ajh3276's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2012

I have simular problems they do not answer my emails

Guest's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2012

I am still waiting 1 mpnth they do not answer my emails, Air asia sucks really, and the price at the end of day after adding all seats and extras to enter the plane is the same as other airlines, just the other airlines have a better service