Horrible customer service

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

laram0727's review of Aer Lingus

“Horrible customer service”

Written on: 18/07/2012 by laram0727 (1 review written)

I recently returned from my holiday on an Aer Lingus flight and found my entire experience the least customer friendly experience I have ever had with an airline. My biggest concern is that I had some belongings stolen from my checked bag.

Another complaint I have is that I received an email from them less than two weeks before my return to the US informing me that I was required to enter my passport information into the system 72 hours before my flight. I then attempted to complete this action using the website, where it told my I had entered the incorrect departure city. Not having immediate access to a phone because I was on vacation, I spent several days worrying that the flight I booked was somehow changed and I would not be able to get home, or if it was correct, I wouldn't be able to enter the country because I couldn't enter the information through your website. Luckily, I met up with some family members who had a telephone I could use, but then realized there was no toll free number so I had to pay to fix an easily avoidable problem. I had made my booking 6 months prior to my journey and could have been entering necessary information at that time if I had been informed that I must do so, so I do not understand why I would only be informed of this a week before my fight.

I was also disappointed with the customer service in the airport. When I arrived, there was only one line open for people to check in. When there was finally another line opened up, the new Aer Lingus employee helped a man that had just walked up to the counter, leaving the rest of us that had already been waiting for 45 minutes still standing in line. I have also never been on another flight that is more than 2 hours where I was not given complementary beverage and snack.. not even offered a glass of water.

I would not fly Aer Lingus again, no matter the price. Too much hassel to save a few bucks.