Treasure for the home smith

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's review of Xisico Xs B50

“Treasure for the home smith”

Written on: 07/11/2013

I have had my B50 for 10 months once I got a few of the most common defects cleared up I am very happy considering the price of $250.00 Canadian.
This is a well made rifle, very solid but at 8lbs not really a light weight. The defects I found were the burr from the transfer port hole in the breech which I removed with a little emery paper glued to my cleaning rod.
I polished the hammer and de-burred inside the carrier.
The filter self destructed in the fill port so after I cleaned it up I placed a small brass washer to act as the valve stop.
This rifle is easy to work on, I made alternated transfer ports and installed a lighter McMaster-Carr spring for the hammer to reduce the power and save air and this has made it a very hand pump friendly gun which I believe operates best in the 12-18 ftlb range.
The stock is nicely finished but a bit on the long side with the LOP 15-1/2", I cut mine to 14" which meant I had to remodel the comb nearest the end. I have had no failures other than the filter, the notorious valve stem has held up for several thousand shots, maybe because I reduced the hammer strike force and I don't shoot it to too low a tank pressure. The blueing is excellent and the stock finish very tough, there is no plastic other than the valve stem. In the process of repairing the filter screen I replaced what ever o-rings I came across with good 70 duro North American ones. Maybe not for those who are mechanically challenged but a diamond in the rough for anyone who feels confident. I don't know how long new rifles will be available so if you get the chance at a good price get one, it should easily hold its value because it could last a life time. This rifle came from the Canadian air rifle forum store. I am not aware of a warranty

• Accuracy