Very good, accurate, powerful perfect for any spring lover.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Jamie9147's review of Weihrauch HW80K

“Very good, accurate, powerful perfect for any spring...”

Written on: 16/06/2012 by Jamie9147 (1 review written)

This is an excellent air rifle. I got mine 3 weeks ago today and so far I'm really impressed by it. I shoot targets from about 40 yards and it can shoot in the black all the time if you hold it steady enough so its very accurate, I have hit a penny from 40 yards too, so it only depends on how steady it can be held. Some people say its a bit heavy but I'm 14 and I have no trouble at all with it. Its so well balanced the gun almost steadies itself. The cheek rest is at a nice hight to see into the telescopic sights and it can have a lot of different scopes put on it so that's good too. The suppressor on the rifle is very effective and the piston going forward in the rifle makes more noise than the air exiting the barrel. The spring just makes a vibration noise but the air just goes "pffft" so its very quite too. I like the automatic safety on it, this makes sure you shoot when you want to shoot and it doesn't go off by accident. The only not so good thing about the safety is you can't put it back on again once its off. It has a 2 stage trigger which is good so you can feel when the shots coming when your pulling it. The spring in the rifle gives it a little bit of kick but I like that because it gives it more of a feel. The power is exceptional too. It can shoot through pigeons and rabbits at 40yards and kill them up to 65 yards although at this distance it may not kill them cleanly and if there's wind it can push the pellet very wide. This can be easily compensated for through a mil dot scope though. It is very good for hunting especially inside 45 yards. It is a bit pricey, I bought mine for £380 but apparently they are still as good as the day you buy it 20 or 30 years down the line. I would recommend this air rifle in .177 because you get higher velocity than .22 and it has greater range and penetration power.

• Accuracy