Hw 100 kt .22

• Accuracy

• Handling

PaulHW100's review of Weihrauch HW100

“Hw 100 kt .22”

Written on: 25/05/2013 by PaulHW100 (1 review written)

Firstly, what don't I like about this rifle, simple answer, nothing. Half the features of this rifle are quality engineered, well thought out ideas put into practise, which never fail to impress me every time I use it.the other half are simply astounding.
I've been shooting for 31 years now, and I have never owned a gun that was produced to this high a standard, I'm sure there are other brands on the market as good , but I haven't personally owned one, and believe me I've had a lot of guns.
Here are the best points of this rifle in no particular order: firstly the feel of it , loads of write ups say this is an ugly gun, but it's not till you pick one up and hold it you realise that this rifle has been designed for the ergonomics, , it's the perfect fit, hold, and handles like a dream. I will say though as a warning this is a heavy gun, I like this as it is a stable firing platform, which aids accuracy, but it could put some people off. The walnut is absolutely top notch, sanded very smooth, and the stippling on the pistol grip is just that grippy. The only down side to the stock was it was very dry , but several coats of walnut oil have sorted that out.
Firing this gun is a pleasure, the cocking lever can be opened cycled and fired with one finger using the smallest amount of effort imaginable. The magazine holds fourteen pellets, even in .22 calibre, and is one solid lump of metal with holes drilled in for the pellets, and has a rubber o ring around it to hold them in place, this whole set up must be the best on the market, if not the best.
The hw 100 isn't pellet fussy, and is unbelievably accurate , but H&N FTT seem to have a slight edge. The trigger is brilliant but all Weihrauch triggers are. The most astounding thing for me though is this gun is very nearly silent when fired, the silencer has to be the best on any gun I've owned or fired.
This is without a doubt the best air rifle I've ever owned, to me well worth every penny, it's so good I've been seriously considering getting the full length HW100T in .177 as well
I'll keep putting the pennies in the jar.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Andywillo's Response to PaulHW100's Review

Written on: 06/06/2013

Iam thinking of buying one of these guns as a first air rifle,
This review has swayed me to thinking this is the one for me