The Hatsan BT65SB PCP air rifle

• Accuracy

• Handling

NitroGary0's review of Hatsan BT65 SB

“The Hatsan BT65SB PCP air rifle”

Written on: 26/02/2013 by NitroGary0 (16 reviews written)

First of all I need to hold my hands up and tell you, I am biased, towards Hatsan Air Rifles. I have had over a dozen, and I have never really been dissappointed.
So lets get on with it.
I got my Hatsan BT65SB from Solware of Tamworth. I paid £485 for it. Now thats a lot of money, but you get a lot of air rifle. The BT65 is a very big rifle, long and quite heavy. Mine is the wood stocked one and consequently the rifle is a little better balanced in the shoulder than the synthetic stocked version. I Opted for the .177 version as I have .22 PCP's already and I was looking for a longer range rifle. I'm not normally a fan of the smaller calibres, but, as I said I was looking for something for the 55 yard FT type targets.
The BT65SB (side bolt) is a very good rifle. The side bolt makes for smooth loading and feels more natural to reload whilst the rifle is still in the shoulder. The 10 shot magazine is the same design as the magazines used in the AT44. The alledged poor loading of the early AT's is now a thing of the past, and nice solid feel to loading each round into the breech is like silk. Loading the magazine is simplicity itself, no little flaps and such to get round. As long as the pellets are seated in the mag properly, using some of the long skirted pellets does not work and I have found JSB Exacts and Air Arms Diablos are good, I need to test with some Crosman Premiers or Webley Accupels as they always suited the AT44.
Like most Hatsans the BT56SB is fitted with a "Quattro" trigger, and while it does not have the reputation of the Wiehrauch Rekord trigger, it is not far off the feel and performance. The art with these triggers is to have the second stage as short possible. Not so much a hair trigger but keep the travel as short as poss.
10mm groups at 35 yards is no problem, but invest in a good scope to see properly, I made the mistake of getting a poor copy of a Tasco 6-24x50AO and its like looking through the bottom of a Coca Cola bottle.
The rifle comes with a de gassing tool for the detatchable air tube (a brilliant feature) a supplied sling and a complete set of spare seals.
A thoroughly good buy and, in my opinion one of the best multi shot PCP rifles out there

• Accuracy