Looks & feels great. Pretty quiet. Great price.

• Accuracy

• Handling

blammo's review of Gamo Silent Stalker Whisper IGT

“Looks and feels great. Pretty quiet. Great price.”

Written on: 06/10/2013 by blammo (7 reviews written)

I returned my Gamo Silent Cat (.177) within a few days after purchasing it. It was a great gun but once I saw the Silent Stalker Whisper, I knew this was the upgrade I was looking for. The Silent Stalker Whisper has the same great look and feel as the Silent Cat (great stock, nice weight, etc) but with the addition of "inert gas technology" (IGT), and an improved trigger ("smooth action trigger" SAT). What this means is you get a gas-ram power plant (gas piston) which is smoother and more reliable than the old-school spring piston along with an improved trigger pull. Add to that a suppressor that reduces the noise of this gun by over 50% and I'd say for the price (about $240), you got yourself a great air rifle. The scope that comes with this rifle is decent but nothing special. I chose the .22 caliber version of this rifle and this was a personal choice. The debate as to whether or not .22 is superior to .177 is long-lived and I won't get into it about that. I've owned .177 air rifles since I was a teenager and eventually decided to try something a little bigger and harder-hitting. Again, just personal preference. This gun is beautiful and I would have given it a 5-star rating had the velocity been a little better (in the .22 caliber version it maxes out at about 975fps if you use non-lead pellets but most standard pellets are in the 700fps range). I do recommend this gun though!!

• Accuracy