Good Beginner's Airgun

• Handling

Guest's review of Crosman 760 PumpMaster

“Good Beginner's Airgun”

Written on: 01/05/2012

My dad bought the Pumpmaster for me a few weeks ago. I am a beginner shooter and once the scope was off I could shoot through the bottom of a soda can from 50 feet. Very accurate. During the unboxing I wondered why the stock and pump handle were not brown, but that was fine with me. The scope takes a while to zero in so that's why my dad took it off. One con is that it is hard to pump (I have to have my dad do it). I bought only pellets because they are more accurate. Crosman .177 hollowpoint pellets are $6-$7 for 500. You can buy domed, wadcutter, or hollowpoint pellets, but make sure they are Crosman, Copperhead, or Benjamin brand because if you use other brands of ammo it may void your warranty. Another con is that as far as I know, you can only oil the gun with "Crosman 0241 Pellgunoil" and I don't know where to get that. Overall, the Crosman Model 760 Pumpmaster Air Rifle is a capable gun for all skill levels. It can also kill small pests such as rats and crows.

• Accuracy