First time gun owner bit highly impresed after trying many!

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's review of BSA XL Tactical

“First time gun owner bit highly impresed after trying...”

Written on: 01/11/2013

After speaking to several friends and experts and doing lots of research and trying out various guns I went out and found a new bsa xl tactical. I am disabled and suffer from weakness and hypersensitivity along with daily pains so I needed a relativly light gun, light on the recoil, and also being stuck on benefits good enougn to take me from beginner to avid hunter, without being impossible to save up for! This gun matched every criteria, this meant that in a few uses (after zeroing scope, that was my biggest learning step!!!) I was successfully hitting the target cleanly and easily and last time managed to hit the bullseye 10times in a row from various distances, not bad considering I had only shot randomly at a tree or fence post to get a feel for weight and recoil in other guns and not had a target infront of me!!
I have got 2 lurchers, one a proper one but a pup, amd the other is lab x lurcher and has excelled in lurcher work training and also gundog training so now getting myself up to scratch ready to go out after rabbits once I am sure I'll get consistent clean head shots. This is why I was also careful to get lots of advice from your veteran rabbit shooters as I wanted a gun with the power and accuracy to take out a rabbit humanely and 99%of people asked suggested this gun, including when I asked in a forum where I was not known and didn't mention disability needs, this proved it is a great gun for all not just athe best compromise for someone who can't cope with heavy beast (much like my grandads ancient bsa, but this proved to me the BSA's are built to stand the test of time!!)
I am hoping that by the end of the year I will be able to come back and say it is perfect for rabbits even if your a weakling, newbie, and basically a large built female crippled novice hunter, but from reading reviews, getting advice and now owning and using alot on targets I dont think I will have any problems, unless I trip and scare every rabbit away, but that will be my likely fault not the guns!!!

• Accuracy

• Handling

Davymole1's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2013

a pleasent and honest reiew from someone in a similar postion as myself butI can still fire springers but looking in the direction of PCP rifles