WORST RIFLE I'VE EVER OWNED

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's review of BSA Lightning

“WORST RIFLE I'VE EVER OWNED”

Written on: 03/04/2012

Went to Lincoln on a day out and on a impulse bought the XL Tactical version of this supposed great little gun from Lincoln city air guns, Can't fault the guys in their excellent shop, but the rifle is in a word a "PIG". Bought it Saturday tried to zero the pig with quality ammo IE accupells, superdomes, ft trophy and lastly airarms all to no avail!, and to top it all a energy level of 9ft pound.
Now the round trip back to Lincoln is about 120 mile, so I duly sent it back to BSA, thinking I'd prob just got a rogue gun and also having had dealings with BSA in the past the resulting service was second to none, but not now!
I was told that one, they could not send it back to me directly, two I should have took it back to the shop," NOWT LIKE CUSTOMER CARE". So as yet I don't know what'll happen.
Anyway and it hurts to say this as I've been a loyal follower of beesa for forty plus years, but BSA and their products and services seem to very below par of late, so my advice must be stay well clear of the lightning at the very least.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Baggus's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2012

its called lightning because it never hits the same place twice, after 3 months and 2 different scopes i gave up on mine. i traded it in against an 8 year old tx200 and what a difference,I should never have bought it . the recoil was horrendous when i fired i lost sight of the target due to recoil being so fierce. The groupings were very poor and I even changed the scope thinking it was faulty,I was missing magpies at 15 yards.This was the worst gun I have ever owned but also the best looking gun.If it shot as well as it looks it would have been brilliant. the gun shop where I bought it offered me half of what I paid for it. (new 3 months ago). do not buy one of these without trying it first I dont know if there all the same but there seems to be lots of complaints about them. mine was .22 cal. but more chance of hitting a target by throwing the gun at it.

Vultee's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2012

I also have a BSA Lightning XL, and I have found it a pig to shoot accurately, it's extremely pellet fussy, and as noisy as hell despite having a full length silencer, I have a 30 + year old Webley Vulcan that out shoots the BSA, and I've been an avid fan of BSA since cutting my teeth on a Meteor and moving to an Airsporter 'S', but sadly I will NEVER buy a BSA again