Great Scope for the money

From 1 review

KenH1965's review of Richter Optik 3-9x50 AO IR Scope

“Great Scope for the money”

Written on: 25/06/2013 by KenH1965 (1 review written)

I obtained this scope as part of a package on a rifle that I found I could not get on with. However, the scope I kept. It now sits happily on my R-10 and has replaced a Hawke scope which cost a great deal more that simply did not do the job.

Good points
Well built
Bright optics, amazing really when you look at what these sell
Good light gathering for the price though struggles a little in the later evening, then again so did the "Nite Eye".
Easy to zero, holds the zero.
No frills construction that looks good has stood the test of a year with me plus at least another year with someone else as it was second hand when I got it.
Turret adjustment is precise
Decent mil dot which is predictable in use
Good eye relief even for glasses wearing me (again the Hawke scope was awful for this)

Bad points - none really expect for some flare from the IR on highest settings. This does not matter to me as I rarely use the IR anyway and if I do it is on low settings only .

I don't know if the new ones are this good but I will be buying Richter for my other air rifle since I am hitting 60 yards knock downs with ease using this one and bunnies have not complained of my inaccurate shooting at 35-40 yards either.

There is a lot of scope snobbery around these days, save yourself from getting involved in that and save a good few quid also :)