A Turkish delight

From 1 review

Kimm742's review of Hatsan Stirrup Pump

“A Turkish delight”

Written on: 27/10/2012 by Kimm742 (60 reviews written)

When the old FX finally got too asthmatic to do the job (and a new seal kit didn't fix it), I hqad to accept that it was time for a new pump.
Had a good look round, and decided on the Turkish-made Hatsan.
It's a well-made piece of kit, seems fairly chunky and robust, all the tubing seems a tad larger in diameter than on the FX. The pressure guauge is built in and flush-fitting, so is safe from knocks.There's a particle filter and silica-gel moisture trap in the handle, can be accessed in about 5 seconds should you need to. It pumps on both the up and the down stroke,definitely a plus. There's a decent owner's use and maintenance leaflet, and you get a set of spare o-rings for when the time comes (which I think will be later rather than sooner).

Hatsan make a point of saying that once you get to 100 bar it WILL get tougher, meaning you should use your body weight and not just arms and/or back.
The secret is nice, slow steady full strokes- no point in pumping like a maniac, the air won't pass through those tiny microbore channels inside.

I've just filled my Ultra and Scorpion from empty to 200 bar in about 7 minutes total (fag break after the Ultra, also let the pump cool as recommended, then on to the Scorpion), didn't raise a sweat.

And I've just noticed that it appears absolutely identical to the Webley Tri-pump; given that Webley don't appear to actually make anything anymore, wouldn't surprise me to find that they were made in the same factory.

Extremely impressed with this pump, would recommend to any PCP owners.

Ver21Hunter's Response to Kimm742's Review

Written on: 26/11/2012

I own a turkish made Hatsan hand pump it is 3 years old since i bought it from a store.The first year that i'm using it i don't have any problem i can fill my reservoir up to 200 bar easily but since i keep it for 9 month and i suddenly decided to fill my reservoir after 9 months.I felt there is something wrong because after 25 strokes its about 50 to 60 bar i can't even full it up.Its very hard.my brother in law help me but its not supposed to be and while i'm fulling it up the pump fulling it down itself.I can't get it up to 70 bar.i know there is something wrong.I check my reservoir it is well condition.What should i do to fixed my hatsan hand pump.

Kimm742's reply to Ver21Hunter's Comment

Written on: 27/11/2012

I'm no pump expert, but I suggest you strip the pump and lubricate everything (use silicone grease). You may also find that an O-ring has slipped out of place. Contact your Hatsan importer/distributor and ask about an overhaul kit. If they can't help, contact Hatsan direct. Don't know how much it will be, but here in the UK an overhaul kit for an FX pump is about £20; for that you get all the O-rings and seals, a valve, the grease, and an exploded diagram..Can't see Hatsan being any more expensive. Take your time, use logic instead of brute force, and all should be well. Best of luck.