Clulite Red Eye LED Gun Light Red RE1-GL

From 1 review

Guest's review of Clulite Red Eye LED Gun Light

“Clulite Red Eye LED Gun Light Red RE1-GL”

Written on: 12/02/2015

Clulite Red Eye LED Gunlight Red RE1-GL. I bought the unit in Feb 2015 - liked the idea of no separate battery pack, decent LED run time, and no red filter to reduce beam power.

I did some research and could not find any decent user information from previous buyers, hence this review.

Comments:

Good: Clamp and light seem of high quality, & battery lasts circa 2+hrs with intermittent use on high beam - Ok for most of my trips, the unit is light weight too. I bought it for pest control with 0.22LR and 17HMR mainly.

Not so good: i) The remote on/off cable switch is of poor quality and poorly thought out in my opinion. Fiddly and hard to handle when wearing gloves. Operation is poor - no instructions as to how to get low and high beam (which turns out to be number of clicks on the poxy little switch unit). The unit always starts on high beam and then is dimmed by the second click - why? - scare everything away and then dim? - not good for ratting etc. I am sure that Cluson could vastly improve this switch for hardly any additional cost. Stock mounting of the unit is poor - velcro wrong size for switch - will all fall apart. I ended up making a bespoke housing & mount for the switch - better but it should not be necessary.

ii) The useable beam throw for quarry ID is circa 100yds (I'm talking silouette), so beware of Clusons claim of 200m - which is much overstated in my experience (& actually I measured it on my range). Eyeshine will be a further distance than 100yds.

iii) Going back to the remote switch, this product would be hugely improved were it to have an operable variable intensity dimmer switch - as per the Tracer Mini Pro etc.

Overall its an OK product, good for its size and weight but greatly let down by one important/critical element - the controls. Hopefully Cluson will take note and do something about it one day, until then you can at least make an informed decision with some knowledge of what to expect. Happy shooting..