low power ? not always.

Guest's review of Diana MK4 pistol

“low power ? not always.”

Written on: 26/09/2013

Hi, I am new to this but from years ago (too many) I remembered this pistol and when my 11 year old daughter wanted me to teach her about shooting I searched the internet and found a beauty, as new, in box with original guarantee and exploded diagram. £65. bought it and overhauled it. now for the interesting bit. tried the bisley magnum pellets (from my "Falcon) was very disappointed with the power, so I got a few of all the different pellets I have and ran them through my Chronograph. the results astounded me, I got results varying from 210 ft per second( bisley mag. which my falcon just loves) dreadful in the little Diana ! to a consistent 347 / 354 ft per second from falcon's own pellets. Crossman acupels came in second at 326 /333 ft per second. if you have one of these guns, use "Falcon" or crossman acupels pellets and you will get good grouping and hard hitting. I have no other gun which is so sensitive to using the right pellet for it,but use the right pellets and it's a little beauty. I have some serious guns, but it is my favorite, can't explain it it just is.