PGL Family Holiday Barton Hall

Guest's review of PGL, Barton Hall, Devon

“PGL Family Holiday Barton Hall”

Written on: 13/08/2011

This is the best family holiday we have ever had. Our children (and ourselves) were thoroughly entertained for the whole week. As a mum, I felt like I could really be myself and join in because I didn't have to stop to think about what I needed to get from the shops and make for breakfast/dinner/tea. No washing up either. All the activities are really safe and the PGL staff are really friendly and obviously enjoy what they are doing. I tried things I would normally leave to everyone else, and loved every minute.

The accommodation is basic, but adequate and (as pointed out by another review) is luxury compared to a tent as you have proper beds, hot water, showers and toilet in your own room. The food is not gastro food, but it was hot and plentiful and I am happy to eat anything I have not had to cook myself. No one ever went hungry and I have 2 fussy eaters. I loved the whole experience and would definately go back next year but we are going to try another PGL venue, possibly France. Can't wait....

I was so sad when it came to the end.