Tanglewood T28 CNS LH

Guest's review of Tanglewood TW28 NS

Tanglewood TW28 NS

“Tanglewood T28 CNS LH”

Written on: 01/05/2013

This was the first acoustic in the shop I picked up. Was a fan immediately, but checked out several other makes and models all at a higher price tag before making my final decision. None of them compared to the tone of the Tanglewood to my ears. It's a good all rounder, the tone is rich and warm, not overly bright, which is what I was after. I do need to get it set up, changed the 11s to 9s so the action needs to be adjusted to compensate, but even so I can't put it down. It is a guitar that wants to be played.

I did fit a scratch plate quite quickly for two reasons, firstly it's a cedar top, and cedar is a softer wood so a bit of protection is a good thing. Secondly, I rest my hand below the sound hole when picking with a plectrum and the matt finish created quite a bit of rubbing contact noise, which was a bit annoying when playing softly.

The guitar has been very well put together, the maple binding is a refreshing change from the usual plastic, comes with bone nut and saddle as standard, solid cedar top, sealed tuners (which are excellent) and the grain on the rosewood fretboard is gorgeous.

Over all, I am in love with this guitar. For the money I think it's a bargain. It's a great strummer and a rewarding picker, and this is even before I have had the action sorted. It can only get better!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard