Also ripped off!

Guest's review of Laser Treatments

Laser Treatments

“Also ripped off!”

Written on: 20/04/2013

I was looking to have a tattoo removed so was invited in for a 'free' consultation. This involved a test patch to make sure I didn't have an adverse reaction. After the test patch I was talked through a contract for recommended treatment. Bearing in mind that it wouldn't be clear for several days as to whether I'd have an adverse reaction, I was asked to pay the sum of £399 for 6 treatment sessions. I told them I didn't want to do this as I didn't know at that point whether I wanted to go ahead or not. They suggested I pay a 'deposit' of £50 to secure a follow up consultation and that I could cancel it if I wanted to. I was verbally told I would get my money back if I didn't want to go ahead.

I didn't want to go ahead so cancelled my appointment with a clear three working days notice. When I finally got to talk to someone on the phone about my refund, they said they'd call me back, but didn't. Givien that I work nearby, I went into the clinic to discuss a refund. I spoke to the manager, who in a rather stern and unsympathetic manner, told me that I would not get a refund as the £50 deposit paid for the test patch, which was meant to be free! She then got my contract which, as most contracts, had the smallest print with little time, or inclination on my behalf to read it word for word, particularly as I'd been told I would get my money returned if I didn't want to go ahead. Big mistake! Be aware, the contract states that if you do not wish to go ahead with treatment or cancel, you WILL NOT GET A REFUND! They ask you to pay the full fee up front, if you change your mind, you'll lose it all! I'm miffed about the £50, but would have felt worse about £399. I'm still fighting for my £50 on principle.