Hamilton & Stirling Credit Ltd

• Customer service

Guest's review of Hamilton Insurance Accident/Sickness & Unemployment

“Hamilton and Stirling Credit Ltd ”

Written on: 10/11/2011

My biggest mistake was i trusted the above companies who persuaded me to take out PPI because i was a HGV driver and the sole earner and had a wife and four young children to support. I had never suffered from illhealth and had lived in our own home for twelve years. When i then came off work with a debilatating illnesss the insurance decided to make payments for two years. Stirling credit would not talk to us and took our home from us. I do not know what i did to deserve this ,twelve years on i am still registered disabled and have been unable to work since. My wife suffers from panic attacks and we both suffer from depression. We were told if anything happened to me the loan would be paid off. We never missed any payments , paid as much as we could till we went to court and are still making payments till this day . These have been rejected since the ombudsman got involved three years ago.Why did my insurance not keep its word? Why are my payments rejected?

Have you made a claim?

• Customer service

Edeeed's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2013

Just to update up my review. Well after four and a half years we have been defeated , the ombudsman have said our case can not be considered any further, our case is too old and they cannot make a connection between HFS Loans Ltd, Sterling Credit Ltd and Hamilton Insurance Company. Each party seems to be shifting the blame and not taking responsibility for the mis-sold insurance.