Landrover Discovery 2.7 V6 Automatic

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Miffed123's review of Land Rover Discovery 3 2.7 Diesel

“Landrover Discovery 2.7 V6 Automatic ”

Written on: 10/05/2013 by Miffed123 (1 review written)

Lovely to drive, looks fantastic. Constant suspension problems, wheel bearing failures, electric parking brake fails and is expensive to replace. Tyres wear unevenly on the edges, terrible mpg (24 mpg), horrible road tax. Purchased one just past three years old £24,000.00 from the main dealer 'approved used' as soon as the six month warranty was over the foregoing problems occurred. Then last week, started the car, engine sounded odd, turned off the ignition (no warning lights) - vehicle recovered to main dealer and oil casing replaced for £720.00, dealer called later to say they had started the car up and the engine was knocking, engine broken and I could have a reconditioned one for £10,000.00. I've since read various reviews and this is not uncommon, in fact the main dealer confirmed this to me " I think they make them too complicated". As there was no warning and I had paid over the odds for an approved used car I thought that Landrover might like to contribute to the repair cost - answer NO! Unfortunately Landrover will not provide spare engine parts so my local independent garage cannot fix the problem. They quoted be £7,600.00 for a reconditioned engine from Landrover they said that they could install it after they had replaced the engine of the Landrover sport that was currently on the ramp. My £24,000 car is now after two years worth nothing. Don't make the same mistake as me - avoid this car it has financially ruined me!

• 2007